Friday, January 13, 2006

my silent* protest (almost) against the widespread abuse of Reply All

an email i didn't send to my lawyer today because i'm, like, considerate. also may accidentally reveal my secret identity. read on...
From : Malcolm T girlversusboy@hotmail.com
Sent : Friday, 13 January 2006 7:07:00 PM
To : (address with-held to rotect the innocent)
Subject : RE: FW: A personalised response just for you

i fucking hate you all. and i know this is only going to you and will probably not make it through your filters. and i don't give a fuck. and then when i call up they can ask who it is and i'll tell them who the fuck it is and to put me throught to my fucking lawyer. it's MALCOLM FUCKING THOMAS OKAY!! fuck why isn't there anything bigger than capitals...i'll be in my fucking room. now die

Do I listen to pop music because I'm miserable?
Or am I miserable because I listen to pop music?
*oh, and its a silent protest because noone involved will or does read this blog unless i directly refer them here irl. plus if you look at the site meter, at least half of those visits are me. ego is not a dirty word

**APPARENTLY THERE IS

"i told you i was sick" - Spike Milligan's epitaph (it's apt, damnit...APT!**)

*** see above **

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh how I agree. I think this is the same sort of inbox padding you can expect from the advocates of Reply all. They just want to be loved, so send endless threads of inane emails to avoid working by "tending the inbox". It's like sending yourself christmas cards. Sad. Just sad.

Anonymous said...

Wow is it really that bad? But why, you can just delete the emails? On a scale of 1 to 10, how bad is it compared to global poverty, racism or the American justice system?

Anonymous said...

hi malcy.
i admit sometimes i like reply all especially when it's hit accidently...or if you want to publicly humiliate someone.. and I think you need to get an another account on livejournal if you havent already.

Anonymous said...

"noddy says" your hostility gives me goosebumps of debonaire despair. i love a good rant.

Anonymous said...

dear anonymous commenter, such aggression! i ask you to take a deep breath, and question yourself as to whether Reply all is the direct result of boredom and the desire to relieve other's boredom, and/or the inability to resist contributing smartass comments OUT of a love for their fellow man, expressed in a tongue in cheek manner, and NOT a feeling of a desperate seeking for love and attention in a lost world... maybe you should look deep inside YOURself and open yourself to the idea of sending yourself loving christmas cards so you can learn to love yourself as i love you and all god's creatures, and not put up these petty barriers of aggression, knowing rather that 'reply all' is a TOOL of love rather than a harbinger of doom.
May Mother Nature's Love and benificence bless you and the calm sigh of universal peace to you.

Reen said...

I also read over your blog, and i also found it inquisitive, in a spain c.1478 kinda way. You can please click here to view my blog, or not. Don't want to make you angry again.

Reen said...

Blogging's more interestng than work.

Reen said...

Even more interesting than "Reply All".

Reen said...

See that? 5.04 p.m. I can leave at 5.15 p.m.

Reen said...

Is this blogpadding? I know you just want to be loved. Do these endless posts of inane comments to avoid working by "tending the malcolm blog" also offend?

Can i go home yet.

Anonymous said...

i love you reen. so very, very much.

Anonymous said...

what is the fucking problem with replyall?

they're just emails.